Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Our 2nd Anniversary

Wow...time sure does fly when you are having fun! I can not believe that we have been married for 2 years already. It seems just like yesterday that I was planning our wedding and dreaming about being married to Shaun.
When I was getting ready to marry Shaun, I thought that my love for him was the most that it could ever be. After being married to him for two years now, my love continues to grow deeper for him on a daily basis. I did not know that I could have such a deep love for my husband. I am so thankful to have him in my life and I have no idea what I would do without him.
For our anniversary on Tuesday, we spent the morning by going to breakfast at Mimi's, going to the driving range to hit a few balls, and then we went and had a relaxing massage. My favorite part of the morning was definitely the massage! I have only had one other massage before, and that was at a resort in Africa...talk about an interesting experience (I wont get into details about how uncomfortable that one was!) So lets just say that this one was 100 times better than my previous experience!

Shaun was in charge of the plans for the rest of the day. We returned home and he told me that he had booked us a room at the Hyatt Regency in Scottsdale. We had been there once while we were dating just to ride the gondola. We had also heard that they have a wonderful Italian restaurant and have always wanted to go back to eat there. Shaun was wonderful enough to surprise me with dinner reservations and a night stay at the resort! After checking in, we saw our lovely room and went to the pool for a few hours. In the evening we went to our reservations at Alto and had a delicious dinner. I ate a ravioli dish and then we shared a wonderful creme brulee! A gondola ride was included with the price of dinner and we enjoyed it very much. The resort was beautiful and exactly what we needed after having such a busy past few months! We were able to regroup, de-stress and reminisce on our memories of dating.
I have loved the past two years of marriage and I look forward to what the next year holds!


1 comment:

godmaed said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad I get to watch your marriage grow and I'm looking forward to many more years of married-ness together.